Sunday, June 5, 2011

the weekend and my wedding shoes

On Saturday, Sean and I went to Waterloo to watch Sean's niece, Avery, for a few hours while Abby worked. We had so much fun! We tried to go to the Waterloo farmer's market and ended up running into a parade. Avery enjoyed watching the balloons, animals, trucks, and tractors.

After Avery's nap, we went to the mall and got a little bit of shopping done...I even got my shoes for the wedding! We had already made a purchase in Dillard's and as we were walking by the shoes I thought I'd give it a quick look around...and then I saw them! They were EXACTLY what I had wanted. I couldn't picture anything better.

Here is just a sneak peak of part of the shoe.....this is probably going to be the most "bling-ed" out thing at our wedding. Even though I normally don't like things with a lot of rhinestones and such, these I reeeally like.


Abby ended up buying them for me (the Hagan's are very stubborn when it comes to these situations). I am so very happy that Abby was there to help me pick out an important part of my outfit for the day. Thank you again Abby!

After the some merry-go-round riding and some other purchases we went out to eat at a local dive in Waterloo. It was called Hickory House. I got the fried chicken dinner. SO GOOD. Sean and Abby both got the ribs and chicken dinner. Everything looked and tasted delicious! It was like a 5 course meal. They first came out with a relish tray. Then your soup. Then salad. Then bread. Then you got your meal and your potato. We were all so full after that meal, but I would definitely go again. Thanks to Abby again for dinner :)

Today, we have just been kinda lazy. We went to the mall to return something, and ended up buying more. Then went to Olive Garden for lunch (we used Sean's gift card from my parents for Easter). Then we walked downtown where the Iowa Arts festival was going on. We first walked through some photography and craft booths and then we found the food carts!! I love going to places where there is fair food, carnival food, or just food in carts. I truely don't know what it is about it. I just love it!

We got some overpriced fresh-squeezed lemonade and a funnel cake. They also had fried rice, our favorite dipped ice cream popsicles, corn dogs, etc.


Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment