Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lake of the Ozarks and bridesmaid dresses

Every year I get to spend a whole week at lake of the Ozarks with my mom's side of the family. There ends up being around 40 people in the house at some points during the week. We do a lot of overeating, sunning, floating on rafts, playing cards, laughing, and relaxing.

This was our mansion for the week. We stayed here last year and hopefully next year, also :)

This is a small group of us at our pool. The week we were there was so hot that the pool was not even refreshing when we got in...it was more like a hot tub.

The "party barge"

We had a couple bags tournaments, too!

I had so much fun with Garrett last week :) 

We played many games of spoons...it gets dangerous!


We made a trip to pirate's cove for some mini-golf like old times

 Garrett asked us to do the "kisses" picture

the bridesmaid dresses
The weather was not so great on Thursday of our trip so we went shopping. They have a very large and very nice outlet mall. We went to our normal stores: Nike outlet, Banana Republic, Under Armour, etc. Walking between stores we saw the BCBGMaxaria store. This was significant because I have been paying attention to this line a lot lately because I found a couple dresses (for bridesmaids) that I loved at Dillard's they just didn't come in the right color. We just ran in the store to check it out. We ended up finding the bridesmaids dresses!!!

Here is a sneak peak of Ashley, my sister, in the dress at the store.

I'm so happy to have that out of the way...I wanted to have coral dresses, but I was afraid of the color going out of season and we would not be able to find them anymore. But, we were very lucky and they had 3 dresses in the (almost) perfect sizes and they were in stock!

2 comments:

  1. I feel so honored to have been a part of picking out the dresses, they are going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you were part of helping me pick the dress, too!!

    ReplyDelete