Saturday, August 27, 2011

weekend

So no new wedding stuff lately but, classes started again on Monday :( I'm glad to see all my classmates again but, all the reading, quizzes, and exams can just kind of disappear. This weekend I was supposed to get caught back up on everything because last week I was kind of lazy. So far, I have not been a very good student and instead been busy doing pretty much everything else I could think of...including writing this post :) Here is what we have been up to so far:

I don't have class on Friday's, but I had to work all day. After work I took Sean downtown to meet up with some friends. I picked up my friend, Dani, and we went out to Coralville and got Ghurtie's Frozen Yogurt. I'm obsessed! (you will see why a bit later, but you have to read on) Then Dani and I went to the mall and I bought an awesome new bag/purse from Gap. Thanks Dani for convincing me to buy it! I reeeally like it!

Today started early. Sean had a haircut at 8. Then we went to the Iowa City farmer's market and saw all these gorgeous glads

After the farmer's market and quick stop at Daylight Donuts we went to Fareway for some groceries. We got quite a bit of groceries because I wanted to make some homemade meals and then freeze them. Here are some pics of the kitchen while I'm working.


ham balls! yum!

our freezer is full now!
Oh and while I was slaving in the kitchen Sean was organizing his new filing cabinet



After our eventful afternoon we went out to dinner. The Brenny's and Hansen's gave us a gift card to Orchard Green at the engagement party. We had never been there before and we were VERY impressed! The dining area was really neat. I'm pretty sure it's a renovated old building and it still has a lot of charm. Along with the ambiance, both of our meals were amazing. Sean got a filet with scalloped potatoes. I got cheese tortellini in a really good sauce and it came with asparagus and squash. We want to go again and would recommend it to anyone especially for special occasions :) Thanks again for the gift certificate!


And here's the part about my obsession....leaving from dinner, we decided to go to Ghurtie's. So I had it again. 2 nights in a row. Again, no judging :) but, it's yogurt so I shouldn't feel so bad about it, right?


We saw an Iowa celebrity while we were there, too! Adam Haluska was there. We felt pretty cool. There was also a large group of high school aged kids. Sean was getting pretty annoyed listening to their conversation. The girls were asking the boys which one of them cried during the movie "A Walk to Remember" as well as others. Sean's glad he's not in high school anymore.


Tomorrow, I will (hopefully) be studying and also going to a baby shower for one of my friends....I'm really excited! for the baby shower part :) it's another reason to not study!

Another note: I realized today that things I blog about (like the farmer's market) I'm not very good at taking pictures. I'm going to try a lot harder to do better from now on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment