Sunday, November 27, 2011

starting my diet TODAY

so after a week long stay at home and 2 Thanksgiving meals I am officially starting my "wedding diet" now! I had an amazing week at home with my family and a few days with Sean's family...and I also ate wayyyyy to much! While eating non-stop I managed to get a few other things done; here is a breakdown of my Thanksgiving break...

Saturday: Right away in the morning Sean and I set up our Christmas tree! After, Sean's parents took us out for breakfast at Perkins (they were in town for the Iowa swim meet that was on Friday). I watched part of the Iowa vs. Purdue game. Go Hawks!! Then headed home. We didn't do much that night other than hang out.
our Christmas tree
my favorite ornament on our tree (it says Mexico 2011 Sean <3 Amanda Engaged)
Sunday: Again, we really didn't do much except hang out and lay around.
Monday: I got my hair cut and started on my pinterest ornament wreath.


Tuesday: My mom and I had a few wedding appointments on Tuesday. We met at Dornink's in east village to look into a few dress alterations. After the meeting my mom and I went to Zombie Burger for lunch. It was THE best burger I have ever had. I really really liked it!! Then we met with Christiani's to try again finding napkins and left with a couple swatches. Ashley met us out at Jordan Creek for a little shopping after our meetings.

Wednesday: I had a dentist appointment at 9:00 that morning. No cavities! Holler! Then I made my tree skirt with the help of my sister Abby. Thank you for the help Abby! Sean drove home after work and picked me up on his way home. We hung out with Sean's family that night.


Thursday: We went to Carroll for Sean's family Thanksgiving. We ate a bunch of great food at watched football. Later that night we went to Walmart at 10 pm in Boone for some "deals". There really wasn't anything we wanted really bad except for the newest season of Big Bang Theory. We got the last one in the store and it rang up at $5 (the ad said $10) Score! Once we got home we went online and bought more stuff.
Friday: In the morning, Sean and I went to the bakery in Boone and got some doughnuts then went to Bacon's jewelry store and bought a new band for my engagement ring. I'm not going to have it for a couple weeks now :( It already feels so weird not having one on! Later, Abby, Sean's sister, Sean, and I went to the mall in Ames for a little more shopping. After shopping we came back and watched football and then went home (to Ankeny) for my sister Ashley's 21st birthday. We went to Latin King in Des Moines for dinner (one of my favorites)! Then went to the bar Tonic in Ankeny.
Saturday: We had my family Thanksgiving that afternoon so all morning we peeled potatoes, made dips, and got everything set up. We also had a ping pong tournament that Sean won. After dinner/snack all the adults went to Prairie Meadows. I ended up walking away with an extra $53.90!! I played penny, nickel, and quarter slots, but my big win was on a nickel slot. I love hearing the ding-ding-ding-ding!
Sunday: Everyone that was still in town went out to Diane and Rich's house for breakfast. After breakfast everyone started heading home. It was so great to see everyone!! Once I got home I finished decorating our apartment with a few more Christmas things. Now I'm going to relax for my last few hours of the break :)


I made these this past summer (the last one really does have a tag on it)

FYI this is the 50th published post I have done! Thanks everyone for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment