Monday, May 14, 2012

2 month countdown

2 months from today we'll be walking down the aisle to get married! Holy cow! This month for our countdown we will be writing about our two lovely parents! We are so blessed to both have such awesome and supportive parents! We appreciate them so greatly for giving us our wedding! 

all of us at Sean's graduation. May 2011
A's parents: I love my parents so much!! They have taught me so much about love and family. When I was growing up they showed me how they love each other and what a good relationship is like. They have instilled in me the importance of family and spending time together. My parents also gave me my wonderful siblings that I enjoy hanging out with (most of the time, lol). Also, they have taught me to "enjoy the journey, not only the destination". On basically any vacation or long trip we have gone on they always talk about enjoying the trip as much as the actual vacation because we are all together. I think I finally understand what that means and have an appreciation for it. I love you guys!!
at my white coat ceremony. August 2010.
S's parents: Dad and Mom, aka Pat and Katie, are the most supportive parents anyone could ask for.  They do so much for me; I won’t even be able to list it all.  Not only did they pay for my entire education and room and board, they attended all of my swim meets in college except one.  They flew all the way to Seattle and have been to basically every Big Ten school that has a men’s swim program.  The same goes for when I was in high school; they never missed one of my events.  I can’t thank them enough for doing that.  They are the two I go to with all my questions, except for Amanda of course.  I am truly blessed to have such supportive and loving parents.  I hope that I am able to do as much as they have done for me when Amanda and I have our own children. 

Senior night of swimming 2011
P.S. watch out for the posts coming up this week! I'll be talking about my busy weekend, bachelorette party, and Mother's day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment