Monday, August 13, 2012

hello again! The days before the wedding

Hello again...to the few of you that are still bearing with me :) Sorry I've been out so long! Again, so much has been going on...Sean and I have moved, we went on vacation, and now I'm working (for free again) for part of my pharmacy program in West Des Moines. Anyways, more on that other stuff later. Instead, I'm going to do go back in time (like a few weeks) and talk all about the wedding again! First, I'll talk about the days leading up to the wedding...

This is a calendar my mom made for the week before the wedding...

And ONLY if you're interested here is a little more in detail...

I'll start with my last post before the wedding, which was on Monday. So Tuesday and Wednesday I spent at work finishing the last few items for my wedding including the placecards, menu cards, table cards and photo cards. Then, Wednesday afternoon my sister and I drove back to Ankeny to get ready for all the festivities! That night my family and I had our last dinner with just us 6; we went to Cazador's here in Ankeny. Afterwards we tried out the new frozen yogurt place in town, Cherry Berry...still doesn't beat Lemon Tree!

On Thursday us girls got our nails done, my dad delivered all the welcome bags to the hotels and did lots more errands for us, Sean got to Ankeny, and Ashley, my mom and I went to Annie's Silpada party at her house.

Then there was the Friday before the wedding...there was so much going on! My mom and I got up pretty early to take Zoey on a walk and enjoyed the tranquility while we could. Around 9 we had lots of help with family and friends that came over to help dip the strawberries! Thank you again Kim, Brenda, Diane, Ashley, Abby, and Mom! They looked (and tasted) amazing!!

yes, we are organized...all the toppings labeled with the number to dip each one into
hard at work!
Ashley
Brenda, Kim, Abby, me, Ashley, and Diane
the groom and bride I attempted to make
Me, Alex, and Ashley
sampling


There was much more to the day before the wedding, but more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment