Friday, July 27, 2012

Chicago Honeymoon: Day 2, Part 1

As I promised, I have posted more about our mini-vacay/honeymoon...

Tuesday morning we again went to Yolk for breakfast, except this time it was the one on Michigan Avenue so it was different I guess. But, it was just so good Monday morning we just had to get it again! Oh, and I wanted to order the Carrot Cake french toast. That's right you heard read me right. CARROT CAKE french toast. It was carrot cake sliced and put into french toast batter and then cooked and topped with a pineapple and mango chutney stuff. Sounds ah-mazing, right? Well when I ordered it the waitress said they were all out. My heart sank :( I ended up getting a waffle instead. It was pretty good, but not exactly what I was looking forward to.



After another great breakfast we walked our way to Shedd Aquarium. We are so happy we went there early because about 1:00 it was so crowded and hot!






we found nemo!
we even got to see a scuba diver go clean the tank a bring a bunch of lettuce down. the fish went nuts trying to eat it!

the shark tank may have been our favorite part. We took almost 40 pictures of the sharks. Well trying to take pictures. Most of them didn't turn out :(

After the sharks we went to the Planet Earth 3D movie. During the show the chair had a thing in it that poked you when a shark jumped out of the water and water that sprayed in your face. It was hilarious!
I think his name was Ed
penguins!
the dolphin and whale show!








We also visited The Bean, but we had seen it before and it was uber hot. So we continued our trek to State Street for some shopping...



I will be posting about our last dinner in Chicago later.

No comments:

Post a Comment