Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chicago Honeymoon: Day 1

Why hello again!! Sorry for my lack of blogging lately! I've been busy packing (we are moving on Friday), shopping, opening our incredibly generous gifts, and enjoying being a newlywed :) There is a lot to get to in order to catch up. But, I have yet to load the pictures from the wedding and pre-wedding days onto my computer. So instead we are going to start with our honeymoon and go from there...

Sean and I went on our mini-honeymoon to Chicago July 15th-18th. We had such a great time and did not want to come home after :( But, it was back to reality on Wednesday night when the two of us got home.  We left Ankeny earlier Sunday afternoon while we left our parents, Ashley, Adam, and Alex to do the cleaning up. THANK YOU ALL!! I know how much help we had setting up and there were four times as many people. So thank you again for tearing down :)

We got to Chicago via MegaBus on Sunday night...
sorry so blurry!
We arrived downtown at about 11:15 that night. In case anyone was wondering we did enjoy the MegaBus, except for the fact that the air conditioner was not functioning properly, so it got VERY hot! Otherwise, it was great. We had no stops, we got to sit next to each other, and it dropped us off right downtown. Then, we got a taxi and headed to our hotel for the night.

The next morning we headed to Yolk for breakfast. I had been waiting for this for EVER! And, it most definitely lived up to my expectations. SO YUMMY!
Sean's breakfast
mine
After breakfast we did a little bit of shopping and went to Navy Pier for lunch/snacking. Sean and I ate at Bubba Gump's. It was Sean's first time there! 
Navy Pier
our "signature" picture

For dinner that night Sean made reservations at Maggiano's. Once again, it was amazing!
our champagne. I even got served a glass after I forgot my ID :) oh, and notice the Love and hearts confetti at our table, lol 


tiramisu!
honeymoon dinner 1
There will be more coming from the rest of the trip! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment