Thursday, March 29, 2012

honeymoon is booked!

That's right! We booked our honeymoon flights on Tuesday. So do you wanna know where we are going??

I'll give you a few hints...it's south, it has sand, beaches, a pool, and tourists.

Still not narrowing it down??

Ok, here are some options...
A. Dominican Republic
B. Mexico- Riviera Maya
C. Caribbean cruise
D. Key West

and the answer is (drum roll) KEY WEST!!! We are so pumped and we are already counting down the days! It's 233.



Sean and I are heading to the Keys over my week long Thanksgiving break! Even though it is my favorite holiday (and will miss all the amazing food) I know we will have an amazing time! We were trying to plan it out so Sean won't have to take as much time off work. So with this trip he will only have to take 3 days off work for us to go on our week long vay-cay.

In addition, we will be going on a short mini-honeymoon right after we get married (I'm crossing my fingers Sean says Chicago). So, with our plans going accordingly, we will get 2 vacations with Sean only taking 5 days off of work. Not bad :)

So here is a little about the other options listed...
A. Dominican Republic. We were looking into going to a resort in the Dominican Republic over my Christmas break this year. But, we got the estimates back for how much it would cost and WOW we were shocked!! I guess going to a tropical destination in the middle of winter is common? Who knew?

B. Mexico-Riviera Maya. There are plenty of awesome resorts down there but we wanted something a little bit different.

C. Caribbean cruise. I've been on a cruise before and it was great. But, I would have rather stayed at each individual island for a week instead of getting back on a boat.

D. Key West. It's perfect for us! We couldn't ask for a better place for us to spend a relaxing week together. Sean has already said he can't wait to buy books and read them next to the pool all week. I on the other hand can't wait to go to the beach every day and finding the best key lime pie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment