Sunday, April 1, 2012

More from Spring!

the high temp for today is supposed to be 81!! I love it! So here is what has been going on in the last couple weeks....

Last weekend Sean and I made homemade queso. We attempted to make the kind from Pancheros but I couldn't find a recipe. Instead, I found a few white queso dips and then combined the two to make our own recipe. It turned out DELICIOUS! Sean even said it may be even better than Pancheros :)

Here is the recipe we "made up":
2T diced onion
1 small jalapeno (finely diced)
1t chopped garlic
2T diced tomato
1/4t cilantro
1/3 block of velveta blanco
1/2 block of Monterey Jack cheese
shake of black petter
half-and-half (used to create the consistency you want at the end)

First, we chopped all of the ingredients and then sweated the onion and jalapeno until they were soft.



Then we added the garlic, tomato, and cilantro. Then with the stove on med-low we added the cheese and a little half-and-half and stirred occasionally until smooth.


Lastly, I added more half-and-half to make it a little more runny (like it is at Pancheros).

Then, we got some blue corn chips and enjoyed our wonderful creation!


So that was last weekend. Now for this weekend. Yesterday Sean and I attended the College of Pharmacy Ball at the IMU. Many of my classmates, professors, and Deans were there. It was a lot of fun to dress up and hang out with everyone!

Before the Ball, a bunch of us went over to some friends' apartment to pregame. They made some awesome jell-o shots and buffalo chicken dip! My friend Katy also shared a few cans of Jeremiah Weed with me. It's like an alcoholic Arnold Palmer. And it is GOOD!! Thanks again Katy! Other than visiting and enjoying drinks and food of course we took a few pictures :) Sorry I don't have one where we are all looking at the camera. There were 4 guys trying to take pictures at the same time. chaos.

don't I have gorgeous friends??
Sean's still  (a tiny bit) taller, even with my wedges :)
"the married row + Katy" Brittany, me, Katy, and Abby
Thanks friends for an awesome night!! We had a lot of fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment