Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shower and Easter

I'm finally posting about our Easter weekend, which was a long time ago now. Oh well!

Saturday, April 7th we headed to eastern Iowa/Illinois for our first wedding shower. It was with my family and was a joined shower with my cousin, Jana, and her fiance Matt. My uncle, Darwin, and his family hosted all of us. We had so much fun with all the family and ate way too much delicious food. Have you noticed a trend with my family events? We eat too much food. But, it's worth it :) Also, most of us played Bunko, too! Many of the men didn't participate, is it too girly of a game?? I don't think so :)

Here are some pictures from the day
BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS cookies my cousin, Kendra made!!

our bunko prizes
Matt and Jana with one of their gifts
all of us opening up our grills!! It was such a good idea!!
We also had an Easter egg hunt. Well actually we had 2. One for the little children (approximately 5 and under) and one for the "big kids". We had to split it up because as you can see from the picture below it can get pretty aggressive with the big kids! 

 

eating dinner
my aunt, Diane, and grandpa
Bunko!
more Bunko!
Ashley and Gavin
The day of the shower was also my brother's 15th birthday. It was an ideal birthday party for a 15 year old boy to spend at his sister's wedding shower, right? haha probably not! Love you bud!! We stopped at Pizza Ranch in Clinton for on our way into town for his birthday lunch. We told the waiter it was his birthday and they had one of their workers come out in a chicken suit and the restaurant sang him happy birthday. It was soooo funny!! 


And, here are pictures from Easter morning. After church we went back to Grandpa's house changed and headed out to my cousin Dustin and his family's farm to say bye to everyone, grab some food, and see the baby lambs. 
the girls heading to church
everyone (except dad)




Thank you to all my family for such a great weekend!! We had a lot of fun and it was great to see you all!! Lastly, thank you for all the gifts again...many of them have already gotten use of them :) Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment