Sunday, April 15, 2012

the REAL 3 month countdown

Sorry again for the delay! I'm back now and taking a break from studying for a big test on Tuesday to write our 3 month countdown. That's 90 days. Or 2160 hours. Or 129600 minutes. Ah!! it's coming fast!

But, back to the countdown. This time we are going to write about our wedding party. We have 3 groomsman and 3 bridesmaids. We wanted to put a little showcase on them because they are such special people in each of our lives and are so thankful for them being a part of our big day!! Also, as always, you take a look at our wedding party under the tabs. So let's get started. Here are Sean's groomsmen (writen by Sean)...

Chris- Best Man and Sean's brother
He currently lives in Kansas City and works at Cerner Corporation.  Chris and I share many common interests.  He swam in high school; I swam in high school.  He played tennis in high school; I played tennis in high school.  He swam in college; I swam in college.  He graduated with an MIS degree; I graduated with an MIS degree.  Are you starting to see the resemblances and who I look up to?  He is a great brother, and I am lucky to have his support even though I went and swam at Iowa (we were all raised as huge ISU fans).  Since we have so many similarities, we definitely partake in some sibling rivalries. 
 

Dane- groomsman and Sean's friend
Dane currently lives in Ames finishing up school at ISU, working at Interstate Battery, and farming.  We met each other in kindergarten have basically been attached at the hip since.  Whenever I go home I always try to see him and we constantly keep in touch by texting daily.  We have a shared interest that we talk about all the time, hunting.  Dane has really gotten into filming his hunts.  You should check out his first video on YouTube.  He has done a really good job with this so far, and I hope to start seeing his very own show in the future.

Brian- groomsman and Sean's friend
Brian lives in Iowa City and is graduating this May from Iowa.  We were on the swim team together at Iowa for three years and we were roommates my senior year.  He is a really loyal friend, and I know I can trust him with anything.  He is a cinema major and has a passion for music.  If you haven’t seen Piranha 3D, you should.  It is one of our favorites.  Brian has an internship this summer helping out with the production of a movie, so he will get to be part of making a film.  I know he will soon be making his own movies and hopefully I will be able to be in one of them.


And my bridesmaids...
Ashley- Maid of Honor and Amanda's sister
Ashley is the older of my younger sisters (does that make sense?) She is also at the University of Iowa studying integrative physiology and applying to become a dentist this summer. She works so hard at school and work! I am so impressed with how much time she puts into it and how focused she is. I have so many great memories of us growing up together. Ashley was the one who got me into swimming for the first time when I was ten years old. We swam together for many years in the YMCA and club. We were both backstrokers and became State Champions in the Medley relay together in 2006!


Jana-bridesmaid and Amanda's cousins
Jana lives in Ankeny with her fiance, Matt, and works at Dole Distributing in Des Moines. Her and Matt are getting married just 2 weeks before Sean and I (we have a busy summer!). Her mom/my aunt, Diane, watched Ashley and I when we were really little while my mom worked. I have so many memories of all of us playing "school" or "work" in old heels on and rollerblading in their basement. I also always loved to come over to their house and jump on the trampoline in the summer with the sprinkler under it. Also, Jana has a connection with my most embarrassing moment. 


Here I will explain: she was only one year ahead of me in school and she was MUCH cooler than I was and had really cute guy friends in high school. One day I had my packed lunch, as always, in a brown paper sack and there were about 5 guys (Jana's cute friends) walking towards me. Somehow my lunch bag ripped open and my yogurt plopped out, and when it hit the floor the yogurt squirted out of the container and go onto one of her friends. My face was probably 5 shades of red darker than a fire truck at this point. Instead of saying anything (I was awkward back then) I kept my face down to avoid any eye contact, picked up my lunch, and walked ran as fast as I could to my lunch table. Yup, it was pretty traumatizing...
Jana and I at my cousin Jill's wedding
Abby-bridesmaid and Amanda's sister
Ok Abby is my youngest sister and she's 13 going on 24. She enjoys hanging out with her friends, shopping, chasing boys, and playing volleyball (she's basically the opposite as me when I was her age) Although we are 9 years apart I love hanging out with her! Abby is hilarious and very sweet! One funny thing she has done recently is on Pinterest she pinned a picture of a sparkle wall and the comment she posted below says "sequin wall...shut up!". I'm not sure if it will be funny to anyone else, but I laughed hard for a good couple minutes when I read it. She also is a great cook and can bake some awesome cupcakes and cookies!


To all of our wedding party: We are so thankful for you guys being part of our wedding day! We love you guys and can't wait to celebrate with you all soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment