Sunday, October 23, 2011

People of Walmart

I hope I don't show up on the people of Walmart website! However, after my mom and I's recent visit there it wouldn't surprise me. Just to clarify: NO our pants were NOT see through or too small, our shirts were NOT ripped up, and we were NOT in some crazy costume. But, it was quite an adventure....

We made a trip to Walmart on Saturday afternoon and as always, we end up buying way more than was on our initial list. Doesn't everyone? One place we stopped was the greenhouse...we were looking for a bucket, which was on our list. (Quick note: we had just got done with Missy and we talked about all the greenery and plants that we wanted for the ceremony and reception) Anyway, we ended up finding lots and lots of plants. My mom and I both fell in love with the palms. They were tall, full of color, and fresh-looking. At first we were really confused because there were many different varieties and sizes on the same table and there was only one price tag on the table. The tag on the table said $5 so we loaded up 4 of them and headed down the aisles. We really hoped they really were $5 a piece or we wasted a lot of energy trying to make our cart which was now 5 feet wide and 9 feet tall to the checkout. We got so many looks from people and comments about our forest. We made it to the checkout with only one falling out and spilling dirt. I'd say it was pretty successful considering how crowded Walmart is on a Saturday and how far we had to go.


My mom is going to try and keep them over the winter and hopefully they will look good for our wedding. Some we have found to rent are not as big or nice looking and they rent for $35 a piece. We got 4 for $20! I really hope they last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment