Sunday, December 4, 2011

time capsule

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I have finals coming up in about a week and I have been procrastinating a lot! Sean and I have been pretty lazy watching movies, watching TV, playing games, doing a little bit of Christmas shopping, looking for new apartments, and researching possible honeymoon locations. Amongst my procrastinating I managed to write this short post...

I was originally told this idea from friend, and I think it's awesome! I have since seen/read it done a few different ways. Anyways, the gist of it is at the ceremony you nail a box closed and inside is notes, sentimental little items, bottle of wine, photos, etc. Then here are the different versions...
1. It gets opened at the 1 year, 10 year, or 25 year anniversary.
2. It gets opened after a big fight. Then, once made up you write new notes or add new items and then close it back up for next time.
3. It gets opened up at big family events like a birth of a child.

picture from the knot
I'm not exactly sure which version we will follow, but this is something I definitely want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment