Monday, January 16, 2012

Dress fitting (kinda)

I wasn't sure if I even wanted to post this. But here you go...Just a little background first. Remember when I talked about my dress here? And how much I was in love with it? Well about a month or 2 after that I started second guessing the dress because I started to compare my dress to other dresses. Big mistake. We thought about starting the dress search over, but I really didn't want to that. And, there were things I liked about my dress that we could work with. We decided to talk to a dress designer at Dornink in Des Moines to see what we could do to "customize" my dress. The first meeting was during Thanksgiving break and we talked about the different things we could do. So our second meeting was this past Friday.


So here is where the funny/embarrassing/motivating part comes... I stepped into the dress and tried to zip it up. Yea we TRIED. It did NOT zip over my butt-hence the embarrassing part. It was then when I realized how much I have really enjoyed my mom's baking/cooking for the past month and no rec center to work out in. All we could do is laugh, because it was quite funny. At least we got the hook at the top clipped so at lease we could make progress on the other things we wanted to do. In the end, I'm very happy with how my dress is looking now. Each time I look at the dress I like it more and more...

Now for the motivating part. How can this NOT be motivating?? In less than 6 months I have to fit into an expensive dress. Not to mention wear that dress in front of 300+ people. So I have started a wedding diet and start working out again! Our next meeting is during Spring Break so we'll see where I'm at then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment