Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rewind...Christmas from 2011

Again, sorry for such a delay. As I said before I am basically working four 9 hour days a week as part of my pharmacy program for school. Which also means I'm working for FREE! or actually I'm paying to work...

Anyways, back to Christmas. Sean got to come home (to Boone) after work on the 22nd and we spent the night with Sean's family. Abby, Adam, Avery, Chris, and Heather were also all back! The next morning we got to go see Adam and Abby's new house in Boone. That night everyone from the Hagan clan came to my house for dinner. I'm so grateful that our families get along so well :)

the Hagans

Our family


the dad's and their liquor


Chris and Heather

Christmas Eve morning we had my family's Christmas. My mom made us a few yummy breakfast casseroles and then we all opened our gifts.


Adam and Ashley with their lottery tickets


Sean and I with some clothes

Dad and his Chicago Bears ping pong paddle

Alex and his Hawkeye ping pong paddle

Abby and her swim suit

some gloves for all of us girls

Later in the day we all went on a walk around our neighborhood because it was gorgeous outside!! We even stopped at the park and climbed around. I threatend Sean with having to bake the cookies we gave to Adam and Abby if he didn't come, which is probably the only reason he did come on a walk. But, in the end he even said he had fun and that he felt athletic :) At the park Abby, Alex, and Sean all climbed up onto the tall spinning thing and Adam spun them REALLY fast, we thought Alex was going to fall off and puke!



After our walk and showers we headed back to Boone for Sean's Christmas. We went to Church then went back to their house and had Chili and Chicken noodle soup, one of their traditions. After dinner we opened gifts. We bought Avery a very large chair/bean bag for her new room and I'm so glad that she enjoys it!!

Christmas day some of Sean's extended family came to Boone for lunch. Later in the afternoon we went back to Ankeny for my extended family Christmas. Right before dinner we played another newly-wed or almost-wed game (My mom gave both Ashley and I "How Well Do You Know Your Groom?" books for Christmas so we played off of questions from that) It was really funny! But, I think there was a clear loser team, cough, Ashley and Adam :) I agree that the questions can be confusing but still they didn't do too hot. Even though Ashley claimed "they had in the bag". It's okay though. They still have over a year before they plan on getting married.


Sean, Me, Adam, Ashley, Matt, Jana, Jill, and Butter all playing the game

the boys writing down their answers


We had to do a tie breaker for the winning team. It was Butter and Jill vs. Sean and I. Sean and I ended up winning, but I think we had a slight advantage because we went through part of the book the day before :)

Later in the evening we played the dice/nickel game called Left-Right-Center. We have played it may times before and it's always really fun!

We had such a good time with both of our families over Christmas! We love family time, relaxing, and food. It can't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment