Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Early Wedding Present

Sean gave me my wedding present a little over a month early. I had been wanting a bike for a long time...well since my old one was stolen last summer. I picked one out the weekend before finals week and it came in about 2 weeks later. I have been enjoying it a lot already :)



A few funny stories:
The night we got it I rode it home and the pedal fell off. I'm not sure if it was too greasy or if the one person didn't install it correctly. The screw part of the pedal was all shredded and it wouldn't go back in correctly when we tried to put it back on. So 2 days later I had to go back and they replaced the whole part. Now it works great!

I have also already had an accident :( You know when your tire gets stuck in the crack between the sidewalk and the grass?? Well I was trying to go around some people walking last week and when I was attempting to make it back onto the sidewalk the tire got stuck and it sent me flying to the other side of the sidewalk and scraped up a chunk of my left thigh and left a really sore bruise on my arm (I think this is where my handlebars hit me). One of the girls ran over and before she said "are you ok" or tried to help all she said was "I like your shorts". haha. My mom said she was probably just trying to make me feel less embarrassed, which is probably the case. But, I was still very embarrassed! But, it's all good now, the bike is still in good shape and I'm healing from both the embarrassment and the scrapes and bruises.

Thank you Sean for a great wedding present!! I'm looking forward to many more bike rides to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment