Monday, June 11, 2012

our weekend

Sean and I had such a good weekend!! It's the first relaxing weekend we have had since the middle of April...and April wasn't even that "relaxing". It was crazy!!

Friday night we went out to eat with our friends, Matt and Katy. We ate at Red's Alehouse in North Liberty. Sean and I ran into the North Liberty Days parade on our trek there and had to find a detour, but we found it AND it was worth it! The food and atmosphere was amazing there! We got to sit on the patio and enjoy the perfect weather and amazing company! Thank you Matt and Katy for having dinner with us! We had a wonderful night!

our appetizer! YUM!!

what a good looking couple! (even with Matt's tongue out) lol
Sean's spicy thai flatbread
my burger
Then, on Saturday, I got to make a large and amazing breakfast and lay out in the sun with Katy. Later, Sean and I watched a couple movies, made dinner, ran some errands, and finished the night with some left over DQ cake :)


On Sunday I got up and made banana muffins. It was the first recipe I made from my recipe shower last weekend. It was Sean's aunt Cindy's recipe for banana bread. We were too impatient to wait the whole 40 minutes for the loaf to bake, so we put it into muffin tins instead. They were amazing!!!



our morning...Sunday newspaper ads and Sean's hunting shows
Later, we made another batch of the Mexican Queso and it was better than I remember!! Overall, we had a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Hope you had a great weekend, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment