Tuesday, September 6, 2011

long AWESOME weekend

This weekend was jam packed! There is a lot to tell, so lets get started...one of Sean's past teammates, Matt, got married this past weekend in Peoria, Illinois. On our way out of town we stopped at the Cedar Rapid's farmers market. (It's just as awesome as the Des Moines' farmers market, and it's only held like 6 times in the summer and we haven't been able to make it yet...finally we did) Saturday was also the season opening game for Hawkeye football so both of us sported our Iowa gear as you can see from Sean's shirt below. By the way....Hawks won! whoooo!

Sean's "country shipwreck"
this is my "western shipwreck"


pretty glads :)
The sky starting to get darker
my apple cider doughnut...luckily I got a picture of it before it was gone :)
So we made it through about half of the market....and then the storm came...


we luckily had an umbrella that worked well enough to get us to the parking garage

as the storm was passing through and we passed the time playing frogger on Sean's phone


once the rain let up we finished our walk through the market and headed on the road. This is what it was like for about half of the drive:


We got to Peoria a little early and stopped at Macy's to look for ties for our wedding...no luck. We also stopped and got some AMAZING burgers and fries from Five Guys. Apparently it's one of the top burger places in the U.S., and they were soooooo good!



the bridge we crossed in Peoria
Ok so now about the wedding we went to. It was a blast and so pretty! They played great music and it was great to see some of the people I haven't been able to talk to in a while! We don't have any pictures from it. Someone Sean forgot the camera in the hotel. They had a photo booth so these are the only pictures we have from the evening.


EDIT: thanks to my friend Nicki we have a picture of us from the wedding. Thanks Nicki!



My parents and Abby came over to Iowa City Sunday afternoon. They took all of us out for lunch then we went to Wilson's apple orchard. Sean and I have gone the past 2 years, now 3...we're starting a tradition :)



the view is amazing!


We filled 2 buckets full of apples. My parents took one back. I'm going to peel and slice a bunch of them and then freeze them so throughout the winter we can have apple crisp, apple turnovers, and apple pie. YUM!



Thanks mom and dad for taking us! it was really fun and it was great to see you guys :)

I had a test this morning in Pharmacology; most of Labor Day...laboring over my pharmacology notes


My grade might have suffered a little bit due to all the festivities and lack of studying, but I think it was worth it! I had an awesome weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment