Thursday, September 1, 2011

procrastinating and homemade pokey-sticks

first of all, for the most part this post was made because I don't want to study pharmacology at the moment. Anyways...as I talked about here last weekend I made up some meals and things then froze them so we can have quick dinners these next couple weeks. We had ham balls last night. Another thing I made was some homemade pizza dough. Tonight I thought pokey-sticks sounded good. Thanks to Urban Dictionary.com: a "Pokey Stick is a delicious cheesy bread stick like creation served by Gumby's Pizza"....just in case you didn't know. Around Iowa City it is a VERY popular drunk food. I found this recipe on pinterest and I thought looked similar so I decided to try it out tonight. It was sooo good! The pizza crust from the site isn't the same as what I used, but I just followed the instructions for the topping. DELICIOUS. Ashley told me I could make them anytime I wanted.

I wish mine looked this good. this is the one from pinterest

Quick side note: I made 2 batches of dough and then divided each into 2 so I had 4 packages. I wrapped them in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer. Well they continued expanding even though they were in the freezer (who would of thought). They popped out of the plastic so I had to wrap them again. I found it funny.

okay...back to studying I guess :(

No comments:

Post a Comment