Thursday, September 22, 2011

our cake and the ugliest cake

This post is going to be about our cake...I noticed we haven't done a wedding planning post lately. Nothing has been planned recently, so I thought I'd talk about cake. For my mom and my sister, Ashley, it's probably the best part of weddings. Originally, we were contemplating between just having deserts (like my favorite strawberry shortcake) and a small cake just for us to cut. But, we ended up deciding on a cake.

Quick rewind: last summer we went to a bridal show in Des Moines. There were so many cake vendors I left with a sugar high. There were cakes that were dry, too sweet, too crumbly, etc. One booth we stopped at was Glorious Desserts. Her almond cake knocked my socks off! It was just perfect!

Anyways, we booked her right away. We know for sure one of the flavors is going to be almond, but we don't have any others decided as of yet.

Here are some pictures that I have collected of pretty cakes. The cake I would like to kind of replicate is in this bunch, but I'm not telling which one :)








I was kind of google searching song lyrics or quotes with the word cake in it trying to make a clever post title. Instead, this picture popped up under google images. SICK!!! It was made for an "ugliest cake" contest. The part that grosses me out the most is the "poop" that is hanging off the side on the right. haha!!




No comments:

Post a Comment